Digital Wellbeing in Extraordinary Times
Time & Location
About the Event
As we practice social distancing and cities implement shelter-in-place mandates, it's more important than ever to recognize and practice healthy uses of technology. Regardless of circumstances, when technology is employed in service of your needs, values, and aspirations it's a wonderful gift.
Whether you're staying safe on your own, or with your whole family, I’ll cover the most relevant aspects of digital wellbeing for periods of social distancing. I’ll touch on topics like:
- Attention: How to use your attention effectively in uncertain circumstances.
- Mental Nutrition: Healthy media consumption habits for heart, mind, and mood.
- Social Nutrition: How to maintain relationships at a distance through healthy use of tech.
- Generating Energy: Creating routine, habits, and daily structure to help you boost and maintain your emotional energy/physical health.
- High Quality Leisure Time: Not all free time activities are equal. Rethinking free time, entertainment, and leisure activities in the age of social distancing and digital distraction.
- Tech Hacks: How to modify Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, iPhones, and Androids to better support your mental health and promote positive usage habits.
About the Host
This session is hosted by Giancarlo Pitocco, CEO and Founder of Purposeful Digital Wellbeing. Giancarlo is an ex-Facebook/Instagram employee who studies tech's impact on how we think, feel, work, and communicate. Now, he's on a mission to help teams & families reclaim their time, attention, productivity and wellbeing from the powerful grips of distractive technology. He founded Purposeful Digital Wellbeing to offer transformative digital wellbeing workshops, training, and consulting programs that have been sought out by organizations like The World Economic Forum, NYC Department of Education, Spotify, Common Sense Media, and featured in Harvard Business Review and TEDxNYU. Learn more at www.purposeful.nyc.